Letters, letters, letters. We want your letters. Do you think it should have been Edward that Bella wrote to in the movie during her “dark time?” Do you have an outtake letter for a fic that you have written or are currently writing? We want them! The letter can be written from any perspective to any other character and it can be canon or from a fic you are writing. Please click here for the form to submit a letter.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Letter to Bella from Edward - Fade Into You by RCD-Alice

Chapter 5 - fanfiction.net


Sept 17, 2008

Dear Bella,

I don't know if anyone has ever told you this, but you talk in your sleep. Dont be embarrassed. I liked it. It was kind of like learning the inner workings of your mind.

Is your best friends name Jasper? You said it a few times. With a name like that, I would have thought you were talking about an animal, but then I remembered you didn't have one. Don't worry, you will one day when we get our dog.

You should know that I was incredibly jealous the first few times that name left your lips. I know it's not my place and I'm a giant asshole for this, but it's the truth and I can't lie to you. It was easily overcome though, do you know why? You said my name. And then you smiled so sweetly. It was different than the one you used after speaking Jaspers name. I can't explain how, It just was.

You also told me that you were staying twenty-one forever. That made me both laugh and cry, because while I know the significance of why, I suddenly pictured you as one of those women refusing to age past thirty. You know, the ones that have their twenty ninth birthdays like five years running.

Bella, I can't let you go. Please understand that. I know it sounds weird and yes, possibly a little bit creepy and stalkerish of me, but I think I've fallen for you. More than I could ever imagine.

Alice and Emmett stopped by today. You don't know them yet, but you will. Remember that 'total douche of a brother' I told you about? That would be Emmett. I guess he's not always a douche. He looked really worried about you and told me all about his 'get Bella better' plan. I think it involved disgusting protein shakes and basically becoming a couch potato or something. Not sure. I honestly tuned him out after about ten seconds after I witnessed the dopey grin on his face. Nothing intelligent comes out of that grin.

I don't think I ever told you about Alice, or maybe I have. That's my sister. She's close to your age. I thought it possible that you two went to school together, but she didn't recognize you either. Knowing how shy you are, my sister could take a little getting used to. She's insane, but totally sweet. She has the energy of a cartoon character, it's pretty humorous sometimes. Shes already decided that you two are going to be best friends. I told her you already had a best friend and she told me to go do something anatomically impossible. I have no idea why. I'll never understand her.

I know I'm rambling, but I don't really have anything better to do with my time than this. Id rather be here with you right now than anything else. Taking what I can get, when I can get it. Yeah, I'm a selfish asshole like that.

When you're better, I want to take you out on a date. A real one with flowers and whatever, where I pay the bill and you just be your gorgeous self. Think about it, okay?

Love, Edward

P.S. Who's Rose? I laughed every time you scowled because I just knew it would be followed by a "Shut up, Rose" Not once was I disappointed. It's funny; I say that to Em all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment